Monday, March 17, 2014

Post #9 Narrative


I was just a baby, when I first started my shenanigans, however you'd do best not to underestimate a baby.
Of course I had done usual baby pranks, that anyone would expect from an infant like me. So when I caught wind that my half brother, Apollo, had an entire herd of sacred cows, what did you expect me to do?

So one night, I snuck out of my cave on Mount Cyllene, and traveled to where the cows were said to be. As soon as I got there, I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty impressed by their ostentatious demeanor. Knowing I had limited time before the sun came up, I set to work.

Once I was done, I sat back on my heels and marveled my work. There the cows stood in front of me, stumbling hilariously as their feet had been switched so the only had one direction to go: backwards.

I glance at the sky and notice the breaking dawn, and I quickly scrambled up and raced home, and was back in my cave in no time! Of course, no one noticed I was gone, so I simply plopped back down in my cradle next to my sleeping mother, and slept like a baby for awhile.

I only woke up when I heard a tremendous shout shake me out my beauty sleep. Cunning me, I knew exactly who was so upset, and proceeded to go about my daily routines, until the ugly, red-from-rage faced Apollo stormed into my cave. He proceeded to yell and yell at me saying how he just knew it was me who switched the feet of his cattle. My mother, my beautifully oblivious mother, who knew nothing, yelled right back, and backed me up like the mother I was proud of.

Apollo, clearly getting nowhere with me, stormed right on up to Olympus and complained to Zeus himself! I was summoned up there too, and I gleefully watched Apollo get more and more angry when Zeus started to laugh at Apollo at how silly this was, and how 'an infant like me could never have pulled a stunt like that.' However, Zeus, being the almighty hero or whatever, switched the cows feet back and said he's keep an eye on me.

Apollo was so distressed that I actually started to feel quite bad for him, and thus promptly wen tup tp him and apologized, making himi feel my remorse. Apollo seemed to understand and soon, came to find my joke quite amusing, and he finally realized I was so cunning, that he named me his official cow herder or something like that. In my apology, I presented to Apollo a lyre that I had made out of turtle shell. He now cherishes it. Zeus, finding my quick acting extraordinary, named me messenger of the gods, which came with some fashion statements too, like winged sandals, winged ha, and my beloved caduceus.

Morale of story: Don't mess with Apollo's cows. Only I can do that.





No comments:

Post a Comment